• Barbless hooks (de-barbs accepted) only to be used
• Fly Fishing Only
• Wading is permitted in designated areas only. Anglers do so at their own risk
• A maximum of three flies only per line
• All flies design as buoyant or floating must be fished on a full floating line only
• All catch-returns to be filled in accurately and left in the box in the lodge and entered in the logbook
• No litter to be left
• No fires or braziers to be lit
• Do not exceed daily or annual fish limits
• All junior members to be accompanied by an adult member at all times
• Parking in designated areas only
• All Brown Trout to be returned to the water alive
• Catch and Release may be employed water alive
• All Trout over 4lb to be returned to the water alive
• Play fish as quickly as possible
• Land all fish in a net, keeping it in the water
• Do not drag the fish up the bank
• Do not handle fish unless absolutely necessary, make sure your hands are wet when handling fish
• Use an unhooking tool or artery forceps to remove hook
USE OF BOATS FOR FISHING
• The key holder is responsible for the boat and its safe, secure use
• The boat may be used in daylight hours only
• Only authorised persons may use the boat or as a boat partner
• Annual permit holders are only permitted to use the boat when invited as a guest of a boat permit holder. Guests joining a member in a boat must also have signed an indemnity form before going afloat
• All persons in a boat will wear lifejackets or buoyancy aids at all times on the water
• The boat must be inspected by the user prior to casting off. All faults or damage must be reported immediately to the fisheries manager or one of the NVF bailiffs
• The use of a boat is at your own risk and on the understanding that Middleton Aggregates Ltd and Gayton Road Fisheries accept no liability whatsoever for loss of life, damage, injury or loss to persons or property whilst on the site or using this equipment
RULES OF THE SITE
1/ Fishing from permanent swims only
2/ Access gate to be closed and locked at all times
3/ No fires to be lit.
4/ No litter to be left. All litter in and around your swim is your responsibility.
5/ Permits to be carried at all times and offered for inspection on any request.
6/ Do not wander beyond designated fishing areas.
7/ Please keep noise and light to a minimum and have regard for other anglers.
8/ All junior members to be accompanied by an adult fishing in the next swim.
9/ Officially appointed bailiffs have the authority to suspend, expel or refuse admission to any person whose conduct is deemed detrimental to the interest of the fishery. Anglers’ luggage, equipment and vehicles may be inspected at anytime whilst on site.
10/ Anglers fishing do so on the understanding that Middleton Aggregates Ltd and Gayton Road Fisheries accept no liability whatsoever for loss of life, damage, injury or loss to persons or property whilst on the site.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE FORFEITURE OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP TICKET WITHOUT REFUND.